In order to ensure state security, protect public health and prevent the spread of new coronavirus infection in the Russian Federation entry into the Russian Federation is temporarily restricted for foreign citizens. The ban is not aplicable to employees of diplomatic missions and consular establishments in Russia. The Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in Colombo, starting from March 18, 2020 has temporarily suspended the acceptance of documents, registration and issuance to foreign citizens of all categories of visas. Private visas in emergency cases related to the death of a close relative will be still issued.
Working time: 09:00 – 13:00 (from Monday to Friday)
Submission of applications: 09:00 – 12:00 (from Monday to Friday)
- visa issues – Tuesday and Thursday
- notary and legalization – Monday
- Russian citizenship, passports and registry – Friday
- non-visiting day - Wednesday
On Saturdays and Sundays, as well as on official holidays of the Russian Federation the Consular office is closed. Submissions of applications is unavailable on Sri Lankan official holidays (banks not working).
Before applying for visa in the Consular Section of the Embassy:
- fill in required visa application form by following the link https://visa.kdmid.ru/ and print it out.
- book your appointment in the Consular Section of the Embassy in the ELECTRONIC APPOINTMENT BOOKING SYSTEM by following the link http://colombo.kdmid.ru/