Information on the Implementation of the Tax Free System in the Russian Federation
Dear guests of the Russian Federation,
Since April 2018, the value-added tax refund system (Tax Free System) has been launched in the Russian Federation.
To be eligible for a VAT refund, you must be a citizen of a foreign country outside of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU – the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Russian Federation).
To receive a tax-free service, you should purchase goods for no less than 10,000 roubles (___ in national currency), tax included, from a single retailer during one day at retailer locations approved by the Government of the Russian Federation. Certain retailers provide VAT refund services in the following cities:
1. Saransk (the Republic of Mordovia);
2. Kazan (the Republic of Tatarstan);
3. Sochi (Krasnodar Krai);
4. Volgograd (Volgograd Oblast);
5. Kaliningrad (Kaliningrad Oblast);
6. Krasnogorsk (Moscow Oblast);
7. Nizhny Novgorod (Nizhny Novgorod Oblast);
8. Rostov-on-Don (Rostov-on-Don Oblast);
9. Samara (Samara Oblast);
10. Ekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk Oblast);
12. Saint Petersburg.
VAT refund is not applicable to excise goods, including alcohol and tobacco.
To receive a refund, export your purchased goods through border crossings approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
I. Road border crossings
II. Air border crossings
2. Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)
3. Volgograd (Gumrak Airport)
4. Ekaterinburg (Koltsovo Airport)
6. Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo Airport)
7. Moscow (Vnukovo Airport)
8. Moscow (Domodedovo Airport)
9. Moscow (Sheremetyevo Airport)
10. Nizhny Novgorod (Strigino Airport)
11. Rostov-on-Don (Platov Airport)
12. Samara (Kurumoch Airport)
13. Saint Petersburg (Pulkovo Airport)
III. Sea border crossings
16. Bolshoi Port, Saint Petersburg
18. Passenger Port, Saint Petersburg
Individuals can claim a tax refund within a year after the purchase provided that the goods are exported within three months from the purchase date.
For more details, please contact Tax Free operators in Russia:
1. HI.SKY (http://hiskytaxfree.com/);
2. Global Blue (http://www.globalblue.com/);
3. Premier Tax Free (https://premiertaxfree.ru/).