Additional documents required when applying for:
1. Invitation (original only) from a Russian business counterpart issued by the Federal Migration Authority of Russia or the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
2. Supporting business papers (letter of the company, bank statement, etc may be required).
According the above mentioned visa types similar requirements are applied.
3. Up-to-date HIV Test (duly signed and stamped, original only).
Information only for citizens of Australia:
From 15th June 2012 visa application form for citizens of Australia will be in two pages (when printed out). To ensure a principle of reciprocity citizens of Australia entering Russian Federation for official visit or business purpose will need to submit a detailed curriculum vitae in Russian language only.
1. Invitation from a Russian employer (legal entity) issued by the Federal Migration Authority of Russia (original only);
2. Up-to-date HIV Test (duly signed and stamped, original only);
3. Duly signed and stamped working contract (employee’s copy), working permit of the Federal Migration Authority of Russia (if issued);
4. Vocational training certificate corresponding to the future employee’s duties according to the contract.
1. Valid visa of the country of the final destination;
2. Confirmed flight itinerary or purchased tickets.
Attention! All citizens of Sri Lanka and the Maldives who travel via Russia en route to neighboring states, including Ukraine, Republic Belarus, Kazakhstan and other CIS countries, should have Russian transit visas.
Family members of Russia citizens
In view of the changes to the Federal Law "On the procedure of entering and leaving the Russian Federation" on 15th August 1996 № 114-FL effective from 12th March 2010, applications will be accepted from citizens of the Russian Federation lawfully staying in Sri Lanka, to issue visas for members of their families who are foreign nationals (spouses, children under the age of 18, incapacitated children of any age) to enable them to enter the territory of the Russian Federation accompanied by the citizen of the Russian Federation, who signed the visa request form. The applications can only be submitted for the issuance of a single entry/double entry private visa effective for up to 3 months. The minimum time for processing such applications is 5 working days.
Please note that the validity of visa will correspond to the dates specified in the invitation.
Also the following requirements have to be met:
Citizen of the Russian Federation must be present in person at the time of application submission to sign the visa request form. Presence of their family members is not required.
It is necessary to present originals or certified copies of the documents confirming kinship of applicants -citizens of the Russian Federation with the foreign citizens specified in the application - members of their families. These documents are considered as issued by the authorized bodies of the Russian Federation or the foreign state marriage certificate (for spouses), birth/adoption certificate (for minor children), and birth/adoption certificate and the medical certificate confirming incapacity (incapacitated children of any age).
Please note that only legal marriage certificates, issued by governmental authorities, stamped and signed, will be accepted. Unofficial marriage certificates, issued by religious or any other authorities will not be accepted.
Copies of the valid passport and the proof of stay in Sri Lanka and the Maldives on the lawful basis of applicants.
If the passport with a valid Russian visa has been cancelled, its holder is to apply to the Consular section of the Russian Embassy for the visa transferring into the new passport.
- Duly filled application form
- One passport size photo (white background)
- Cancelled passport with a valid Russian visa (original only)
- Valid passport
- Receipt of payment (USD 28)
Unless the valid Russian visa is transferred from the cancelled passport into the new one its holder is not permitted to enter the Russian Federation.
(Tourist, Student, Private, Business, Working, Transit and Humanitarian)
(to be issued within 5-7 working days)
(to be issued within 1-3 working days)
All Consular fees are in dollars ($) and not refundable.
All payments are to be paid in noncash (by Bank transfer).